H is for Happiness (2019)
Set in the colourful Australian coastal town of Albany, H IS FOR HAPPINESS is a classic feel-good film for all ages that will make you laugh, cry, and cheer with delight. Based on the award-winning book My Life as an Alphabet by Barry Jonsberg, it is the genuinely heart-warming and unflinchingly honest story of one twelve-year-old’s determination to bring her family back from the brink and spark happiness in their lives. Using an entirely unique approach, Candice Phee is an unforgettable heroine whose exploits will inspire and delight anyone who has faced the trials of adolescence and the heartbreak of family tragedy.
Starring newcomers Daisy Axon and Wesley Patton alongside Miriam Margolyes, Richard Roxburgh, Emma Booth, Joel Jackson, Deb Mailman and a miniature horse, H IS FOR HAPPINESS shows us a quintessentially Australian world through the eyes of a quirky outsider, and is a joyous celebration of all things a little bit different.
H IS FOR HAPPINESS was one of four gala screenings at the 2019 Melbourne International Film Festival, and went on to win the prestigious Cinefest Oz Film Prize. The film is due for release by Universal in 2020.
Awards, Festivals, Sales/Releases:
- Winner Cinefest Oz Film Prize, 2019
- Melbourne International Film Festival 2019, 2nd Place Audience Award
- Special Mention, Children's Jury, Generation Kplus, Berlin International Film Festival 2020
- Melbourne International Film Festival 2019
- Cinefest Oz, 2019
- Byron Bay International Film Festival 2019
- International Premiere, Opening Film, Generation Kplus, Berlin International Film Festival 2020
- US Premiere, Children's Film Festival Seattle 2020
- Universal/R&R Films, February 2020